Hello World!

Welcome to the life and chronicles of My Jersey Boys and me, B (the only girl who hangs out with them). Our original mission was to prove that not all of Jersey is obsessed with GTL. Now it's kind of become the place where we share our random thoughts, ridiculous stories, regular quote updates, and maybe a picture or video here and there. There's always something going on...

Love from,
The one and only,
B

0

Grad School Happenings

Posted by D on 11:34 PM
I can't believe I've been in Chicago for almost a month. It's insane how the quickly the summer goes from just starting, to almost being over, to being over for a month. It was only 6 weeks ago that J, C, and I were bitching about the NFL Lockout. I guess the lesson is that time always moves forward.

After 4 years of college in North Carolina, I got used to being away from New Jersey and missing all the fun that the guys were having in my absence. However, getting used to it doesn't mean I don't really miss being around. I love learning whats going on back in 07733 from any bits of info I can get from anybody who is willing to talk to me. Fortunately, I don't spend all my time wondering about what's going on back home (just some). I do have stuff going on, and here it is:

Obviously, I've met lots of people. Unfortunately, the average age of people in my graduate school class is 28. I knew I was going to be one of the youngest students, but I am relatively surprised at how difficult it is to relate to people in their late 20s (or even older). It seems like everybody is married/engaged/in a serious relationship and has been working for a good number of years. Meeting people is easy, but actually hanging out with people who are at such different places in life is difficult. I'm used to hanging out with college kids in their early 20s. It really is struggle to relate.

Fortunately, in the past week, I've started to develop some really good friendships with people (even though they are older). I now have a few people who I feel comfortable calling randomly to hangout. That was the best part of being home, knowing you have friends to hang out with at anytime. One particular friend has made it her mission to find me a Jewish girlfriend. Even though I have expressed my strong reservations (STRONG), she is making me go to events with her to meet the girls she knows. I hesitatingly agreed, because obviously there are worse things than meeting lots of girls. The thing is, Jewish girls are just so annoying...

Anyway, I have my calc exam in 12 hours, and I should study. Fortunately, all I need to do is pass. I'm not too worried. I am visiting my college this coming weekend for homecoming, and then classes start (a week from tomorrow). Things are going well so far, and hopefully that continues. I hope T is happy down in the Caribbean. I know he is working really hard.

D

|

0 Comments

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates