Hello World!

Welcome to the life and chronicles of My Jersey Boys and me, B (the only girl who hangs out with them). Our original mission was to prove that not all of Jersey is obsessed with GTL. Now it's kind of become the place where we share our random thoughts, ridiculous stories, regular quote updates, and maybe a picture or video here and there. There's always something going on...

Love from,
The one and only,
B

0

Sitting on My Patio...

Posted by StuckintheSeventies423 on 12:08 AM
... looking up at all the stars in the sky. Outer space blows my fucking mind, man. How can something just go on forever? You'd think that eventually you'd see some orange cones and a sign that reads "You've reached the end of the universe, now go back!" I feel like people take space for granted. I mean, sure, it's a whole lot of nothing but there's tons of other rocks floating around out there. How do we know there aren't other planets like Earth? What else lies beyond our microcosm of a solar system? Personally, I'd like to believe there are other planets out there that can support life, be it human or something we've never seen before on our little pebble. Can you imagine a planet that's full of dinosaurs? It would probably look a little something like this...

The ocean's not getting off that easy either! In fact, we probably know more about outer space than we know of our deepest oceans which would be the Pacific at like 35,000 plus feet. The ocean floor is tremendous and every year it seems like some Japanese fishing boat manages to reel in some kind of near-prehistoric fish that no one has ever seen before. What else is down there? After listening to the "bloop" all I can do is shrug my shoulders in wonder. The Bloop is an ultra-low frequency that was detected by underwater microphones throughout the Pacific Ocean by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration during the summer of 1997. For those of you who don't want to sit in silence, fast forward to around the 40 second mark and wait for about 20 more seconds. Trust me, you'll hear it!
Pretty scary sounding stuff. They picked this sound up from a pretty serious distance too (5,000 km) and many scientist agree that the sound is not man-made like a submarine or geological like an earthquake or volcano. It was also several times louder than that of the largest known animal on Earth, which is the blue whale. Blue whales are fucking tremendous! How big could this "thing" be? When I read more about The Bloop, one scientist speculated that the sound may have been ice calving in Antarctica but a year later he changed his mind and even he believes it's of animal origin. Stranger yet, similar sounds were picked by underwater microphones throughout the entire year of 1997 in close to the same spot as "the bloop." I'm surprised this didn't raise more eyebrows around the world and garner anymore speculation as to what "it" might be. I want answers, damn it!

But I guess I'm just going to have to be patient and wait. Either that or I'm just going to have to go and find Cthulhu myself! I'm probably going to need a really big boat. Like an aircraft carrier or something.

Till next time, let us rock in peace...

This week marked the Fortieth Anniversary of Jim Morrison's death. To the Lizard King!

|

0 Comments

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates