Hello World!

Welcome to the life and chronicles of My Jersey Boys and me, B (the only girl who hangs out with them). Our original mission was to prove that not all of Jersey is obsessed with GTL. Now it's kind of become the place where we share our random thoughts, ridiculous stories, regular quote updates, and maybe a picture or video here and there. There's always something going on...

Love from,
The one and only,
B

0

Imaginary Friends...

Posted by The one and only "B"... on 4:54 PM
Hello world...

If you have been reading the blog the past week, you know about my tirade against Shaun T and D's rebuttal. In the comment section of D's rebuttal, I stated that I don't have an imaginary friends, and upon further review, I realize now that that isn't necessarily true.

I met my imaginary friends when I was in sixth grade...

I remember it like it was yesterday, I was wandering around the library, looking for a new book to read after I had finished "Ender's Game" (one of my all time favorite books). The librarian asked me if she could help me find something, so I asked her for a book suggestion. The librarian knew me well by this point, seeing as though I spent most of my time in there. She led me to the fantasy section and picked up a book I was familiar with. I scoffed at first, mainly because it was a book everyone had been raving about, and I thought it was stupid. A book about magic, wizards, and other sorts of nonsense... Please. The librarian was insistent that I read it though... She was positive that I'd enjoy it. So I borrowed it... "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and I didn't regret it.

I won't go into all the reasons why I love the books. Everyone's reasons are different, and mine are a bit personal. The easy answer, I could relate to Harry and Hermione. As the years went on, I felt very close the characters in the series. I read the books so many times that it actually annoyed my mother to find me on the couch reading. I have been to every midnight showing of the movies since the third one came out (my least favorite movie in the series, by the way).

It kind of saddens me that the books and movies are all finished now. Having to say goodbye to all my Hogwarts friends kind of breaks my heart in some ways. I'll miss waiting for a new book to come out, or getting psyched out about a new movie release. Harry, Ron, Hermione and I shared many adventures, and they got me through some hard times. For that, I will forever be grateful. Maybe one day, I'll read the books to my kids, and hope that they enjoy the books just as much as I did... do... Of course, I will have them read the books first before I show them the movies... Books are always vastly better than the movies.

From now on, I won't give the guys such a hard time about Shaun T... Instead when they start talking about him, I'll let my mind wander to my own imaginary friends, and wonder what they are doing now...

Love from,
Did anyone else ever secretly wish they got their Hogwarts letter when they turned eleven?
B

|

0 Comments

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates