Hello World!

Welcome to the life and chronicles of My Jersey Boys and me, B (the only girl who hangs out with them). Our original mission was to prove that not all of Jersey is obsessed with GTL. Now it's kind of become the place where we share our random thoughts, ridiculous stories, regular quote updates, and maybe a picture or video here and there. There's always something going on...

Love from,
The one and only,
B

1

Friends = Family

Posted by D on 12:37 PM

This website exists because of one small group of friends. All the stories that are narrated, all the quotes that are transcribed, and all notes that are posted are meant to show how great a group of friends we are. I think it is more than that though. Great groups of friends are not rare. I hope that anybody reading this has a group of friends that they can always come back to. I have that. We have that. I have not lived in New Jersey consistently for 4 years, and yet when I come back home, I can hang out with all the guys and girl as if I never left (they have to tell me some of the events and stories that I’ve missed). I will be away most of the time for an additional two years, but I know that my friends will still be there when I finally make it back home. Connecting back to the meaning of this blog, I think My Jersey Boys tells the story of one group of close friends on the Jersey Shore as a reminder for both the writers and the readers that having a place to go home to is a wonderful thing, that growing up together with a family (of the non-blood related sort) can leave behind strong, lasting bonds, and that working to maintain those relationships is not a responsibility but an opportunity.

Take advantage of that opportunity. Friends should be the people who support you no matter what. Friends should be the people who share their success with you (and vice versa). Friends should be the people who pick you up when you're down (and vice versa). Friends protect you when you need to be protected and push you when you need to be pushed. I have described an especially idealized perspective of what friendship is, but I think think it is something we can aspire to. My description of friendship is similar to how I think most people would describe family. To me, friends are family.

D


|

1 Comments


That's exactly how I feel, you boys are my family. Part of the reason why I started all this was because we have so many amazing memories and adventures. I wanted a place where we could all look back and remember the things we've done. All our memories are very precious to me.

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates