Hello World!

Welcome to the life and chronicles of My Jersey Boys and me, B (the only girl who hangs out with them). Our original mission was to prove that not all of Jersey is obsessed with GTL. Now it's kind of become the place where we share our random thoughts, ridiculous stories, regular quote updates, and maybe a picture or video here and there. There's always something going on...

Love from,
The one and only,
B

0

The daily wanderings of B...

Posted by The one and only "B"... on 1:48 PM
Hello my lovely readers,

Since I wasn't able to go to Maine this weekend, I've spent the weekend driving around to all my favorite places. That's when a thought occurred to me. What if I took pictures of my favorite things and places and shared them with all of you? Well, that's what I ended up doing. The first thing I'm going to share with you is a song from one of my all time favorite bands, Jack's Mannequin. I figured I would post a youtube link of the song I'm listening to now, so you could listen along while looking through my pictures and stories... Cause I'm lame like that. *laughs*



Alright... Onto the journey of my wanderings. If you're ever in my part of New Jersey, you'll most likely be able to spot me driving around. I spend more time alone in my car, listening to music, drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes than anyone I know. You know you're special when I invite you to come along on my morning pilgrimage for coffee. Just ask Char, it took him four years to get an invitation. *laughs*. Now whenever he's home, I wake him up at 9:30 in the morning to come along with me...



Once I have my BK mocha joe, which for some reason has become essential to me in the morning, I drive around the town trying to find something to do. I almost always end up at 7-11. The boys and I have been going to the same 7-11 since high school. Sometimes I end up going there several times a day... The people who work there know me by name, and I almost always spend five minutes having conversations with them. They actually just finished remodeling the place. Which I was kind of disappointed about. I mean, now I can't point and laugh at the shelf I thought I was leaning against when I knocked over the soda display. Although, I can still point and laugh at the curb A threw up on. He hates when I bring up that story, mainly because no one noticed he split away from the group and was crouched by the curb. Except for me, because contrary to some popular belief, I'm a lot more observant than people give me credit for. I noticed he no longer was in the group, and turned to ask A if he was okay right as he threw up. Which he is still pissed about, because then everyone turned to look as he got sick, and according to him that was my fault. Maybe he shouldn't have chosen to throw up at the curb. This is reason number one for why I tease him about being bulimic. Which I know is a serious problem, and I shouldn't joke about it, but come on. The kid throws up a LOT....



Whenever I get tired of driving around, or just want to stretch my legs a little bit, I'll stop by Barnes and Nobel. Personally, I'm a Borders fan because they have a better selection of manga, but since Borders is going out of business (much to my dismay), and B&N is closer to home. I tend to end up there. Sometimes I'll spend three hours looking around for something new to read, or I'll find a good chair in the manga section and go to town reading. Sometimes I'll go back and read series that I've already read before, like Fruits Basket. Mainly because Kyo is one of my all time favorite manga characters. I will admit I was a little disappointed that the anime didn't end the way the manga series did. (A quick side note: my heart goes out to everyone in Japan. Your country has faced many hardships before, and came back stronger than ever. I firmly believe that Japan will come back from this disaster as well.)



Sometimes when I feel like going somewhere off my usual route, I'll take a drive down to Point Pleasant and hang out on the beach. I usually try to go on relatively nice days. As much as I love the ocean, I don't especially like freezing my ass off. I hate winter. I don't know what it is about the ocean that I find so fascinating, maybe part of it is the fact that I was obsessed with The Little Mermaid as a child (I actually still have the original movie poster hanging up in my room... because I can't bring myself to take it down). Whatever the reason, I love the ocean and the sand. I always pick up a few seashells when I'm there.



Eventually night comes, and when the boys are home, I'm usually waiting for the text that it's time to head to TK's house. If I'm not taking a nap or watching TV at home, I'm driving around because there isn't very much to do. There's one landmark in Holmdel that I am constantly trying to find, ever since J and C showed it to me during one of our drives a few months ago. The landmark is the horse statue. It's ridiculous. Recently I got a new job, and one of the kids I work with lives by the house with the horse statue on it's front lawn. He told me stories about when he was younger, he and his friends would attempt to take pictures with the horse. Apparently the owner of the house is not a fan of these attempts, because he keeps a baseball bat next to the front door. So when I went to get this picture I stayed in my car, and prayed that I could take this picture at a far enough distance, so that I wouldn't have to deal with some psycho with a baseball bat. Luckily, I got the shot without any incident.



Well, that's it for right now... I could post more pictures, but it's Sunday and I've got to spend time with my family.

Peace & Cigarettes,
B

|

0 Comments

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates