Hello World!

Welcome to the life and chronicles of My Jersey Boys and me, B (the only girl who hangs out with them). Our original mission was to prove that not all of Jersey is obsessed with GTL. Now it's kind of become the place where we share our random thoughts, ridiculous stories, regular quote updates, and maybe a picture or video here and there. There's always something going on...

Love from,
The one and only,
B

0

Me vs @BrysonIsGood

Posted by The one and only "B"... on 2:17 PM
Hello world...

Sometimes... I just can't help myself. A few weeks ago I wrote a post about my grievances with the Occupy Wall Street movement (http://myjerseyboys.blogspot.com/2011/10/occupy-wall-street.html), and today I saw that the Occupy Oakland protests got a little out of control (no surprises there... http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/03/8612741-protesters-set-fires-clash-with-police-in-oakland). Which eventually led to me picking a fight with @BrysonIsGood (known for his role as himself on My Life As Liz). It went like this...

@BrysonIsGood: #occupyoakland STARTED FIRE TO CLEAR OUT TEAR GAS! COPS CAME, AND GOT VIOLENT FIRST! #OWS #OO @CBSNews at least is lying about that.

B: I think because people are starting fires, and putting lives at risk, that it is a pretty good reason for cops to get violent. Maybe they shouldn't have taken over a office building. People have the right to work, just like they have the right to protest

I wasn't really expecting a response, but much to my surprise, he did respond...

@BrysonIsGood: they took over a disused social service building, which caused the tear gas. Then the fire was started to clear the tear gas. and the fire was started in the middle of an empty street and kept well under control, I watched the whole thing. I'm not necessarily defending taking the building or starting the fire, but let's get the story straight first.

B: Actually the fire in question was started on a barricade they had put up. They had taken over the area, blocking exits. They blocked the streets with illegally parked vehicles and chain-link fences. They stopped people from getting to work. The #OWS movement should reach out to the workers, not keep them from going to work and supporting themselves. And I agree with you, getting the story straight is important. That's why I've been reading up on it since your tweet

@BrysonIsGood: I don't dispute the preventing people from getting to work thing, but the tear gas preceded the fire. I watched it happen.

B: And they used the tear gas as a means to clear people from a building they illegally trespassed in, correct? I mean, I think it's awful that people had tear gas used on them, but if you do something causes a response like that, I have a hard time feeling bad about something that's clearly illegal. You can't just take over a building because you want to. Thank you, for responding though. I respect that you care enough to discuss this with a random stranger. lol  

So that's the conversation I've had so far with @BrysonIsGood. I found it mildly entertaining enough to post here. I think it's important to talk about these things, and to get other's perspectives on situations. Plus, I just really miss arguing with people... Which is probably why my mom keeps begging me to pursue a life as an attorney... Not going to happen. I will say this though, I may not agree with @BrysonIsGood's views, but I respect and admire people who are passionate about the causes they choose to follow.

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

Love from,
I really miss debate...
B

|

0 Comments

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates