Hello World!

Welcome to the life and chronicles of My Jersey Boys and me, B (the only girl who hangs out with them). Our original mission was to prove that not all of Jersey is obsessed with GTL. Now it's kind of become the place where we share our random thoughts, ridiculous stories, regular quote updates, and maybe a picture or video here and there. There's always something going on...

Love from,
The one and only,
B

0

The Number 23...

Posted by The one and only "B"... on 5:49 PM
According to Wikipedia: Twenty-three is the ninth prime number, the smallest odd prime that is not a twin prime. Twenty-three is also the fifth factorial prime, the third Woodall prime. It is an Eisenstein prime with no imaginary part and real part of the form 3n − 1... There's more, but that's not really important.

The boys and I are kind of, sort of, a little obsessed with the number 23.

It all started when the boys went over to C's house for a movie night, and they watched The Number 23 with  Jim Carey. Since then, we've all noticed the number popping up at random times. Sometimes it happens quite frequently. So it would seem appropriate that our twenty-third blog post would be dedicated to the number 23.




Times or Places when the number 23 has come up:

* I just looked at the time right now, and it's 5:23. That happens to Tk and I all the time.
* Jimmy Eat World has a song titled "23".
* C was born on March 23rd.
* J has a radio show, and one night he said he had 23 minutes left before the show was over. He didn't realize the 23 reference until after the show, when we mentioned it to him.
* Ever seen Halloween? Michael Myers was 23 when he went after Jaime Lee Curtis.
* Star Wars mentioned the number 23... I can't remember at what point, but it happened. It might have happened in Indiana Jones as well. Again, fuzzy on the details.
* In Machete, Jessica Alba's character says that it's her 23rd day watching the taco truck.
* Back during my freshman year of college, I picked up a temp job at the college book store. We were designated till's, mine was till #23.
* The boys can make any sequence of numbers add or subtract to 23 (That was at the peak of the obsession)
* In the movie Jeepers Creepers the creature gets to feed every 23 years for 23 days.
* In Grandma's Boy, Samantha's office number is 23.
* Yankee stadium was built in 1923... I know cause my grandpa has a coffee mug that states the date.
** Blink-182 mentions 23 in their song "What's My Age Again" when they say, "...nobody likes you when you're 23..."
** Scud is having his wedding reception on the 23rd.
** In Inglorious Bastards, during the theater scene, one of the bastards gets assigned to seat 0023
** The next James Bond movie will be Bond #23.
** Our The Number 23 blog is the most viewed blog on our page. (Yes, I do check the stats on the blog. I have a curious obsession with how our twitter and blog are doing. It's kind of my baby... I said that to C and he laughed at me. It's deserved. *laughs*)
** One of our recent stats said on the week of Jan 23- Jan 30, more specifically on 01/28/10 at 23:00 hours we had 9 page views. Coincidence? I think not!
** J went to Taco Bell, and his order number was 23.

* In 2012, the majority of the group will be 23 years old, and the world is supposed to end on December 23rd... (I'm just saying, if the world ends, it's appropriate that we are 23 when it happens.)

I'm sure that there are at least 50 other references or stories that I could bring up, referring to the number 23, but I can't think of them all right now. I know that once I post this, one of the boys will probably point out another 23 reference, and I'll add it to the list (when they do, I'll make a ** next to them). Until then....




...... it's everywhere.......
                B

|

0 Comments

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates